Hong Kong & Kowloon Kaifong Women’s Association
Wan Tsui Kindergarten Wan Tsui Nursery
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2019/20 School Year
- Collection of application Forms (No Quota):
- Download from school website
- Obtain from school in person
- Distribution Period
- Date: 23/07/2018 (Monday) to 02/11/2018 (Friday)
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday) /
9:15 a.m. to 12 noon (Saturday)
- Return of Application Forms (No Quota):
- Return method: Submit the application form in person / by post
[ Together with the documents required (including identity document)]
- Return Period:
Date: 01/09/2018 (Saturday) to 02/11/2018 (Friday)
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday) /
9:15 a.m. to12 noon (Saturday)
- Application fee:
- Free of charge
- Application for the“2019/20 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Education Bureau (EDB) will implement the Free Quality Kindergarten Education policy starting from the 2017/18 school year to replace the existing“Pre-primary Education Voucher Scheme”. Under the new Scheme, EDB will use the“Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”as the document for registration in the 2019/20 school year.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the“2019/20 Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” (hereafter referred as “2019/20 RC”) to EDB from September to November 2019. The “2019/20 RC” will be open for applications in September 2018 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (link to be inserted) in due course.
- Admission Criteria
- Applicant who resides near to the Kindergarten;
- Applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in our Kindergarten or other HKKWAs’ kindergartens;
- Referred by the Social Welfare Department
- Others, such as the applicant from families in need will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day classes
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
- Interview Arrangements
- Interview opportunity
The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants
- Date of interview
The interview will be conducted on 03/11/2018（Saturday）
- Interview mode
Parents should accompany their child for the interview
- Interview notifications
It will be distributed by post one weeks before the interview. If there is no notice received by then, please contact us at (2898 8241)
- Announcement of Admission Results
- We will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 21 December 2018 by post.
- Registration Arrangements
- Successful applicants:
Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 10 to 12 January 2019 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the original of the “2019/20 RC” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Unsuccessful Application
Applicants refer to the K1 vacancy information released by the EDB on its website after the “Centralised Registration Dates” starting from the end of January 2019.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “2019/20 RC” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the Registration Certificate to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2019/20 K1 place half day class is HK$500 and the whole day class is HK$1,000. We will return the registration fee after your child studying at our school.
- Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “2019/20 RC” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “2019/20 RC”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
- References can be obtained from the following websites:
- EDB Circular Memorandum no. 87/2018 Admission Arrangements for Nursery Classes in Kindergartens for the 2019/20 School Year
Simplified Chinese version https://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/sc/edu-system/preprimary-kindergarten/kindergarten-k1-admission-arrangements/EDBCM87_2018SC.pdf
English version https://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/en/edu-system/preprimary-kindergarten/kindergarten-k1-admission-arrangements/EDBCM87_2018E.pdf
- Guidelines on Kindergarten Admission Arrangements
Chinese version https://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/tc/edu-system/preprimary-kindergarten/kindergarten-k1-admission-arrangements/2019%20Admission%20Guidelines_TC.pdf
Simplified Chinese version https://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/sc/edu-system/preprimary-kindergarten/kindergarten-k1-admission-arrangements/2019%20Admission%20Guidelines_SC.pdf
Parents may call the EDB’s Regional Education Offices, the Joint Office for Kindergartens and Child Care Centres or the EDB hotline for enquiry.
|Hong Kong Regional Education Office||2863 4646|
|Kowloon Regional Education Office||3698 4108|
|NT East Regional Education Office||2639 4876|
|NT West Regional Education Office||2437 7272|
|Joint Office for Kindergartens and Child Care Centres||3107 2197|
|EDB Hotline||2891 0088|
|Hotline for “2019/20 K1 Admission Arrangement”||3540 6808 / 3540 6811|